About the job
Leading cloud infrastructure providers, SaaS providers, and enterprises turn to Coalfire for help solving their toughest cybersecurity problems. Through the combination of extensive cloud expertise, technology, and innovative and holistic approaches, Coalfire empowers clients to achieve their business objectives, use security and compliance to their advantage, and fuel their continued success. Coalfire has been a cybersecurity thought leader for 20 years and has offices throughout the United States and Europe.
We’re growing rapidly and are currently seeking a Vice President to support our Technology industry team.
What you’ll do
The VP of Technology Industry will be responsible for all aspects of delivering and supporting quality services and growth of the Technology industry customers. Coalfire’s Technology customers are primarily SaaS and software providers and include some of the worlds most recognized names that require a variety of cybersecurity and compliance services that only Coalfire can deliver. In addition to leading the Technology industry team, the VP will be part of the Commercial Services Leadership Team expected to work directly with other VPs across the Delivery, HR, Ops, Marketing, Legal, and other organizations.
The pace of growth and fluid nature of this business and industry requires a leader who can think like an entrepreneur and manage in a rapidly changing environment. The VP will inherit an industry leading team to operate today’s business but will need to continue maturing the organization along with identifying and adjusting the business model with other leaders as Coalfire scales in the next 4-5 years through organic growth and possible acquisitions.
- Set vision and strategy for growing Coalfire’s business with technology customers and prospects while planning and managing the P&L
- Identify new strategic opportunities in the market working with peers to identify opportunities to sell cybersecurity and compliance services
- Oversee the renewal of assessments and other related work that is performed on a periodic basis for customers, such as compliance assessments, penetration testing, and vulnerability scanning for the Technology industry customers
- Ensure the team is partnering with the business development team to identify and expand our support of customers with Coalfire’s cybersecurity and managed services
- Manage and grow the team including selection, performance management, and ongoing development and quality across multiple locations
- Perform market facing activities; provide thought leadership utilizing industry expertise and coordinating with Marketing and Center of Excellence teams
- Develop solutions that consider innovative approaches to delivering services and addressing customer’s most important challenges
- Provide mentorship and coaching to team members in areas of leadership, consulting, sales support, advisory, assessment, technical review, and writing
- Work with other Coalfire VP’s to integrate and collaborate across combined opportunities/delivery engagements
- Run day to day operations including revenue, gross margin, utilization, sales, headcount, and investment
- Responsible for the scheduling, delivery, quality, and profitability of services
- Lead the team to ensure projects are managed and deliverables are delivered with quality on time and on budget for Technology industry customers
- Involvement in marketing initiatives related to offering promotion activities (events, campaigns, and more)
- Improve and manage forecasting, scheduling, and non-billable time to key internal projects
- Partner and work directly with senior leadership of the company, including Sales / Operations / Marketing
What you’ll bring
- Former CISO / CIO experience
- 10+ years of management consulting experience, or equivalent
- At least 8 years of direct people management experience.
- CISSP, CISM, C|CISO or other relevant industry designations
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent job experience
- Experience in growing consulting services practices
- Comprehensive understanding of the Enterprise Sales Cycle
- Experience selling professional services and/or technology solutions across multiple industry verticals (retail, healthcare, financial services, cloud/tech, etc.)
- Understand compliance assessments and advisory services, specifically FedRAMP and running a compliance team in support customer needs
- Strong presentation skills, verbal and written, are a must, including presentation skills suitable for larger audiences
- Skilled at mentoring and motivating staff
- A leader who inspires, while creating loyalty, demonstrates compassion, trust, and followership. One who can energize and support people across teams that makes cross-functional cooperation happen. Highly respected by both subordinates and superiors.
- Accountable. Delegates, develops, and empowers. Sets clear expectations, allocates responsibility, and holds people accountable. Coaches and guides.
- The intellect and executive presence to become a true business partner with the executive leadership team. Capable of contributing to broader business and strategy conversations beyond their functional area.
- Identifies new ways to solve problems that is solving the company and our customers biggest challenges that are better and faster.
- Team-oriented and resourceful. Improves solutions through collaboration.
- Ability to travel 25-50%
Why you’ll want to join us
Our people make Coalfire great. We work together on interesting things and achieve exceptional results. We act as trusted advisors to our customers and are committed to client-focused innovation as well as innovation in the industries that we serve. Coalfire offers our people the chance to grow professionally with colleagues they like and respect while tackling challenges that stretch their minds and expand their skill sets. We’re connected by our desire to innovate and our goal of helping to make the world a more secure place.
Plus, We Offer Great Benefits, Including
Coalfire’s high energy, challenging, and fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged and motivated. Work-life balance is a core priority at Coalfire – we work hard and we play hard, and the two often overlap. We host family-friendly events and happy hours along with professional meetups and informal networking sessions, and we’re active in our communities.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with an employer contribution
- Flexible paid time off (employees are encouraged to spend four weeks away from the office each year)
- A generous 401(k) plan
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SARs)
- A corporate wellness program
- Tuition reimbursement
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, coffee, and tasty beverages
Coalfire is an EEO employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to respecting one another, embracing individual differences, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
At Coalfire, equal opportunity and pay equity is integral to the way we do business. A reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role is $125,000 to $217,000 based on national salary averages. The actual salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, geographic location, training, licensure and certifications and other factors. You may also be eligible to participate in annual incentive, commission, and/or recognition programs.