Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world – picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
We are looking for this hire to be located anywhere in the US (Dallas area preferred)
We at Ciena desire to hire an AT&T Account Team CTO who will set a Vision that looks out 3 to 5 years and enables the team to continually evolve as a revenue growth engine for Ciena!
Responsible to secure a path to achieve the set Vision through identification and incubation of new business opportunities, by driving product developments, industry partnerships and emerging technology initiatives!
We Will Look For You To
- Establish and grow customer and partner connections in new and emerging business segments where Ciena offerings may only be at the experimental or early incubation stage.
- Identify and quantify business growth engines for Ciena at AT&T with a focus on step-function revenue growth by entering adjacent markets and growing market-share in existing segments.
- Translate technical specifications into quantifiable business values and breakdown highly sophisticated issues and strategies into a crisp vision with clear and meaningful outcomes.
- Regularly supervise emerging companies joining the AT&T ecosystem as potential acquisition targets.
- Interact with both internal and external decision makers.
We Believe The Ideal Candidate
- Is familiar with the Service Provider market and its trends.
- Has a deep understanding of AT&T’s corporate strategies/priorities and become opinionated on how Ciena can best intersect.
- Thinks strategically to build momentum around ideas and execute plans.
- Has a broad technical competence in the Telecom field.
- We will teach technical specifications into quantifiable business values and breakdown highly sophisticated issues with clear outcomes.
- Build business cases that demonstrate how investments will translate into revenue for both Ciena and AT&T.
- Influence and build mind-share
- Is a strong communicator and can simplify sophisticated concepts and make them appealing to an executive audience.
- Is a teammate and has the ability to build strong customer relationships
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination. Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We do not charge any fee for employment and the same applies to the Recruitment Partners we work with. Additionally, we do not ask for any refundable security deposit to be paid in bank accounts for employment purposes. We request candidates to be cautious of misleading communications and not pay any fee/ deposit to individuals/ agencies/ employment portals on the pretext of attending Ciena’s interview process or seeking employment with us.